JagzFX Premium Trading Tools for MT4 are coming soon!
JagzFX Premium Tools will only run if the JagzFX Licence Manager EA runs on the same MT4 terminal as the tools. JagzFX uses a rolling-key licence system, and the key is periodically updated. It would be best if you kept the Licence Manager running at all times. If not, the Premium Tools will eventually stop working.
(Please note: There are currently no plans to develop Premium Tools for MT5 or other trading platforms.)
Getting Ready for Premium Tools
Before you can successfully run any of the JagzFX Premium Trading Tools you will need to follow these three steps:
- Ensure you have an active JagzFX Premium Membership
- Licence your MT4 account numbers on the JagzFX website
- Install the JagzFX Licence Manager EA on your MT4 terminals
Step 1: JagzFX Premium Membership
If you are already a Premium Member, thank you! Go to Step 2.
Otherwise, please visit the Memberships page and Go Premium.
Step 2. Licence your MT4 account numbers
Go to JagzFX.com and log in.
Scroll down to the More Information section and enter the MT4 account numbers that you want to use with JagzFX Premium Tools. You can add up to five accounts, which can be any combination of live or demo accounts.
Also, ensure your Email address is correct; you will need to enter the same address in the Licence Manager EA.
When you are done, click Update Profile.
Don’t forget to click Update Profile.
Step 3. Install the JagzFX Licence Manager EA on your MT4 terminals
Firstly, you must allow expert advisors to connect to the JagzFX website. Open your MT4 terminal(s) and from the menu click Tools and then Options. Now, click on the Expert Advisors tab, ensure that Allow Web Request for listed URL is enabled, and add https://jagzfx.com/ to the list of allowed URLs. Click OK to save any changes.
Download the JagzFX Licence Manager EA (see below) and copy it to the Experts folder of your MT4 terminal. (Note: To find the Experts folder, open MT4 and then from the menu and click File then Open Data Folder. In the file explorer window that opens, choose MQL4, and then Experts. You can then copy the ex4 file into this location. Close and reopen MT4, and you should see the EA in the navigator window listed under Expert Advisors.
Open a new chart (any symbol) and drag the JagzFX Licence Manager onto it. Enter your email address (the one you used on your JagzFX.com Membership Account page), and if you did everything correctly you should see EA status information including your JagzFX Membership Level and the Licence Key for your account.
Computer says no!
If anything is wrong, the EA will attempt to determine and display the status. Please check the above steps carefully to ensure that you have not missed anything. Common messages include:
- Cannot reach licence server. Check MT4 > Options and ensure you have added https://jagzfx.com to the list of allowed URLs.
- User not found. The email address you entered into the EA is not found on the JagzFX.com website. Check the email address for correctness, typos, etc.
- Not a Premium Member. JagzFX.com recognizes your email address, but you do not appear to be a Premium Member. Check that you have a current JagzFX Premium Membership. See Step 1 above.
- Account Number not found. The MT4 account you are using is not licenced. Log in to JagzFX.com and add the MT4 account number to the Licenced Accounts list on your Membership Account page. See Step 2 above.